Thursday, September 29, 2011

A New View on Things

{EAV_BLOG_VER:77954f07ee1b6ec1}

Ok, got the Empire Avenue blog verification taken care of up there. So now on to the real posting stuff.

I am trying a new outlook on things.  I am going to strive to do things that not only make me happy but make me feel good.  No, I have not turned into a selfish hedonist.  I am just going to focus on doing things that make a difference in my life and the lives of others.  I want to be proud of my actions not in a braggy kind of way, but so that I look back on my life as having mattered. 

As a single female without children in today's society, having a relevant impact seems so vague.  I will never send a child that I created out into the big world prepared by my teachings, exposed to my beliefs and values.  When I die I will not leave behind a family of mourners, I will be blessed if I am missed by a handful of true friends.  That to me just seemed kind of hollow and sad.  So I decided to make a change, today, now.

I will let people know that I value them.  I will actively seek to improve my knowledge and share with others what wisdom I may gather.  I will seek to atone for the close minded thoughts that have seeped into my mind.  I will make an effort to assist others in their endeavors and support them as they face life's challenges.

Maybe I will succeed, maybe I won't, but I know that I will be better for having made the journey.  I will share the journey with you and let you know what I think.  It might even be worth 2 cents.

Wishing you all the best in your search for love, life and the pursuit of happiness.
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment